Department for Education
Coronavirus (COVID-19) 12/03/2020
Coronavirus – Current Advice and Guidance
The UK Government is closely monitoring the spread of the Coronavirus.We are following the latest advice and guidance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
People should not be unduly worried about the possibility of catching the coronavirus.
What to do if you have symptoms.
Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- A high temperature;
- A new continuous cough.
This will help to protect others in your community while you are infectious.
Please notify the school on the first day of self-isolation and do not return for 7 days.
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Your child should remain at home at all times.
You do not need to contact NHS 111 to tell them you’re staying at home.
If you are at all concerned about symptoms contact NHS 111 or use their online service.
If you do so, please notify the school and share any additional advice.
The best way for us to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus is to follow the latest guidance issued by the UK Government.
We are encouraging our colleagues, young people and visitors to:
- Wash their hands often – with soap and water, or use alcohol sanitiser if handwashing facilities are not available;
- Cover any coughs or sneezes with a tissue then throw it in the bin – in line with “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it”;
- Contact NHS 111 if in any doubt about symptoms, notify the school and share the advice.
- We have adapted our cleaning regime to focus on doors, handles, surfaces, handrails and boards as well as the regular emptying of bins;
- We have put an educational programme in place for all young people that promotes good levels of hygiene, handwashing and “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it”;
- We have a plan for supporting children with their education in case of school closure. Plans to ensure the school runs efficiently during the pandemic are also in place.
We will continue to follow the UK Government’s guidance, and provide updates via our website.